February 23, 2015

“And the Oscar goes to...”

The Oscars came on a live broadcast last night – I had waited for it so, so much! It has become a tradition-kind-of-thing already, to watch the Oscars every year.


The Oscars always come from TV in the middle of the night because it’s live but there’s a thing to watch it in that hour. You can always watch the subtitled version on the next day, but it’s not the same thing... You concentrate way too much to the subtitles and half of the show itself goes by – since there were none, I could concentrate to the show as fully as possible. And the subtitled version is also about 45 minutes shorter for the Finnish middle-speeches during the American commercial breaks (which they don’t show in here) are cut away and to me they are a big part of the whole show!

The Red Carpet part, which comes before the actual Oscars went by a little, but not too much. When the Oscars started we popped a sparkling wine and laid back to enjoy it. The Oscars sure are one of the greatest ways to spend a whole night!



I had baked vegan almond brownies earlier on the evening and ate them while watching the Oscars. It had been on my mind for so long to try to bake vegan brownies and for my surprise they came out from the oven perfectly! It obvious which side is mine, ha.

After the Oscars ended, it felt it had gone by too fast, even though it had lasted for hours. I was so excited that it was impossible for me to go to bed right after it, so I stood up a little longer but then went to bed...

I’m already waiting for next year’s Oscars!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter