January 1, 2013

It's a New Year

A new year. A blank page. I have been waiting for the new year a long time and now I can leave all the bad things behind me and just look forward. Now I will turn a new leaf in my life and do all the things I was supposed to do last year. 13 is my favourite number - maybe the year 2013 will bring me good luck. ;)

We had planned to go to Ratina to watch the firework show like last year. We left early to find a place for the car and walked the rest of the trip to near Laukontori. We were early but the show was late. When it finally started it was great!! I got some photos but still enjoyed the show. I tried to take a picture of myself but they both were overexposured by the flash.

The people started lighting fireworks right at six o'clock (when it's allowed to start) and there were fireworks everywhere. When it reached exactly midnight the whole sky light up and everyone was sending their fireworks to the sky. It was an awesome sight even it damages the the ozone layer - but hey, new year's eve is once a year. We popped a sparkling wine right before midnight. After we had came from the firework show we started to make vegan vegetable-tofu "ricotta" lasagne. And when it finally came out from the oven it was so gooood.
We didn't buy any fireworks for we figured we would see more than enough of them just looking through the window. Cats were stressed all the time there were bang here and bang there. But as the last firework has been sent to the sky they could finally retreat to sauna and sleep.
Later that night I watched The Simpsons marathon which was coming from the TV.










I can't believe it's 2013. Last year went by so fast. I just hope this year will be a good one.

Happy new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter